Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MALGORZATA DUDEK Spring/Summer 2013




I know,the fashion flock is already in Milan and I am still talking to you about New York Fashion week. The reason is that i did not know how to approach this collection.
My first thought was why show this in NY it should be on the London runway...and then going to the website I discovered that the designer is based in London.
The second thought was confusion...is it Fashion or Costume ? Back to the website : no stockist but an impressive press book of editorial and clipping of artistes wearing the clothes.


Waiting for the show to start I was looking at the light going trough the skylight and the shadows.
It seam that the designer had the same inspiration.








It is obvious that we have a talent here, Miss Dudek is the recipient of several prizes, but then again is it Fashion ? If I had a store will I buy the collection ? No. If I was Lady Gaga ? Definitively.













I can't wait to see where Miss Dudek will be in 5 years from now.




The collection, entitled Arachne, featured a mix of fabrics including: silks, cotton, jersey, wool, sheer netting, laser cut metal elements,and imitation leather. Committing to a vision of high fashion free of cruelty and utilizing recycled fabrics; the designer’s loose knits were made of (dyed) recycled wedding gowns, imitation leather was manipulated to give a leather-like texture, and one massive structured piece was made from a recycled couch.








A bientôt,
Pierre Candra



No comments:

Post a Comment